Table of Contents
This will over time show what equipment I have and have used to help me along my way in gaining my digits.
Real Routers/Switches #
- 1 x Cisco 3550 – 48 port L3 switch
- 2 x Cisco 2950 – 24 port L2 switch
- Still wanted (1 x 3550 and 2 x 3560)
Dynagen/Dynalibs/GNS3 Server #
I have recently bought and built a server for the specific use of using it as a lab replacement (except for L2, which will still be served by the above switches).
The (basic) specs of the machine are below:
- Intel Core i5 quad core CPU (i5-760)
- 8GB RAM
- 500GB HDD (to be expanded at a later date)
- 3 Quad NIC’s (Sun)
I have used Quad NIC’s in the machine to give me a total of 12 ports that will be used as breakout ports between my Dynamips routers and my real switches.
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide – (Available here)
- CCNP – ROUTE Foundation learning guide – (Available here)
- CCNP – SWITCH Foundation learning guide – (Available here)
- CCIP – MPLS Fundamentals – (Available here)
- CCIP – Internet Routing Architectures – (Available here)
- CCIP – QoS official exam certification guide – (Available here)
- CCIE – Routing & Switching exam certification guide – (Available here)
- CCIE – Routing TCP/IP – Volume I & II – (Available here)